Sunday, November 18, 2012

Exciting New Totes to Check Out!

It's hard for me to believe I last posted news and photos in July. Truth be told, I've been doing shows almost every weekend since mid-September and sewing during the weeks to replace sold-out stock. Now I'm gearing up for a month-long show at a local mall--Perinton Square. I'll be there every day from Wednesday November 28th through Christmas Eve day.

Keeping in mind I am first a writer, then a crafter, A PHOTOGRAPHER I AM NOT!!!

Now for some new items to look over:
Walker-Stroller Tote:  This is an idea I've shown in the past, both here on the blog and at shows, but for some reason they never generated much interest--until late summer at the Central Square AppleFest when I saw a number of young parents with infants in strollers. Voila! Enlarge the basic pattern, lengthen the straps, deepen the pockets. This is what I came up with. Made to customer choice, this one measures 12 inches wide, 9 inches tall, with one general pocket and two smaller ones on the outside. It can be closed with either a Velcro patch or a magnetic snap for easy, one-handed access and sells for $15.00

Car Seat Carry-All: I made these for my grandchildren but never thought I'd have the opportunity to display any. Then at a show earlier this month came a request from a customer who wanted hers to be decorated with an Irish theme. Not easy to find shamrocks in the middle of November, but I lucked out in the craft section of the local fabric store chain. I'm pleased with the way it turned out: 15 inches wide, 19 inches tall, and has 6 pockets of varying width and depth. It attaches with a strap and modified parachute clip. Base color and/or pattern are customer choice. This is priced at $20.00.

the "New" What Knot Bag: I designed the original What Knot for a friend who wanted something to hold a wallet along with her camera to take on jaunts with her husband. She bought SIhome X to give as gifts this Christmas. But at the same AppleFest I saw women carrying a similar bag only with a cross-body strap. Hey--I'm no dummy. And here we are. I sold five of these babies at a show on November 3rd and took orders for two more at a show last weekend. I hope I'm on to something! The bag shown is 9 inches wide, 11 inches tall. It closes with a top zipper and has two outside pockets, one with a zipper. It features a cross-body strap, though a shorter strap length is available, and is priced at $20.00.

the Dancer's Tote: I found this darling material at an out of the way fabric shop and fell in love with it. At this upcoming month-long show, my booth will be located directly across from a dance studio. Hey, I'm no dummy! The tote shown measures 11 inches by 11 inches and features a detachable matching coin purse. It is closed with a Velcro patch and has a cross body strap. It sells for $20.00.

CB Sunflowers Tote:  on the way home from a writers conference in Maine this past May, I hit the outlet stores in Kittery and discovered a well-known store which features home furnishings and kitchen wear. I went a little nuts in the clearance racks and bought a number of tablecloths, napkins and place mats. The hot pink berries on black is the first tote I created out of that trip and is featured below. One of two new items is Sunflowers embroidered on black and adheres to a solid quilted fabric in celery. I think it's stunning and something quite new for me. Measuring 16 inches wide and 12 inches deep, it features two outside pockets, a zipper closure, cross-body strap and sells for $40.00.

CB Tessa on Henna: this is another creation from the house wares outlet. The background fabric is a lovely henna with an overlay of embroidered linen. It measures 14 inches wide by 9 inches tall, has four outside pockets, a zipper closure and a cross-body strap. It is priced at $35.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment